The more love you put into something, the more love you will (hopefully) receive. This also applies to people in happy marriages and relationships.
Making your partner feel special and loved requires a little bit of knowledge and some effort. But it’s these simple and often small gestures that help express and reinforce the love you have for one another.
Below are just a few ways to make your partner feel special and improve the quality of your relationships by showing appreciation in the way they like to receive it, taking responsibility for your emotions, supporting their goals, and sending sweet messages throughout the day.
How To Make Your Significant Other Feel Special
- Team Up For Chores – While it might be more efficient to divide chores around the house, there are positives to conquering your to-do list together. That’s because we feel good when we believe we’re in things together.
After all, that’s the point of a relationship, right? Going about household tasks together helps create feelings of validation and reciprocity in our relationship. Think about it: folding the laundry or changing the sheets together is much more enjoyable than doing it alone while your partner surfs the internet.
- Show Appreciation – It’s easy to take the little things your partner does for granted when you’ve been together for a long time. That’s where we start to get it wrong. You might feel grateful for the things your partner does, but if you don’t express it, they may never know. So, consciously start to say Thank You when your significant other is being helpful. Expressing genuine gratitude is key to maintaining a healthy relationship.
- Tell Your Partner How You Feel – Don’t just assume that your partner knows how much you love them. Tell them that you love them throughout the day. There are so many fun and exciting ways to do this. You can send a random “I love you” text message, or slip little notes into their pocket or purse. When you tell your partner “I love you,” you reaffirm your feelings for them and strengthen your relationship. You also emphasize commitment, care, and appreciation, letting them know you value their presence.
- Plan A Date Night Together – Date nights are extremely valuable in relationships. A date night gives you an opportunity to communicate with your partner and deepen your understanding of each other. You can choose to engage in any activity your partner loves or one that you both enjoy.
You can plan to have dinner with your love at their favorite restaurant, or make it an indoor event. Planning a romantic dinner at home can be super exciting because you’ll have the freedom to customize every aspect of the date to your taste.
Be sure to go grocery shopping before the date and start kitchen preparations early. Since you’ll be in charge of your own menu, you can make your dish as healthy and tasty as you like.
- Spend Quality Time With Your Partner – Make time to spend with your significant other. While you’re at it, make the moment count by putting away distractions from your phone and other devices. Your partner will feel special when they know they have your undivided attention.
When spending quality time together, maintain eye contact, and listen to your partner. Also, use positive non-verbal communication like a smile, hug, or a light touch on the arm. Non-verbal communication in a relationship is reassuring and can help increase the closeness between the two of you.
- Be Your Their Biggest Cheerleader – Words are powerful. If you want to keep the fire in your relationship burning and make your partner feel special, become their number one cheerleader.
Avoid criticizing your partner and instead, point out their strengths and applaud them on their achievements. When you’re visiting friends and family, compliment your significant other and let them know you’re proud of them.
- Share Your Dreams and Goals With Your Partner – Telling your significant other about your goals and dreams brings you closer. It opens up an opportunity for you both to develop a deeper connection and have a joint sense of purpose.
It also helps build love, passion, and trust while enabling you to visualize a future together. That way, you’ll strengthen the bond in your relationship and improve your communication.
You shouldn’t make sharing your dreams with your partner a one-time affair. When you both dream together regularly, you’ll have a steady supply of positivity in your relationship. You’ll also stay motivated when working towards actualizing your dreams.
Common Questions and Answers
Making your partner feel special is essential to keeping the spark alive in your relationship. It requires little knowledge and some effort. But, it’s these simple gestures that help express and reinforce the love you have for one another.
When it comes to making someone feel valued and special, lots of people have specific questions they’d like answers to. We searched the web for the most common questions related to this topic and answered them in more detail for you below. These tips should help you when it comes to making your partner feel special!
How do you make someone feel valued in a relationship?
We all want to feel appreciated because it elicits the idea that our existence matters to someone else. It makes us feel valued because being appreciated is how we recognize that we’re important to others. Making someone feel valued in a relationship can be done several different ways.
For instance, just letting your partner know how much you appreciate them. One way to accomplish that is by telling them something they’ve done which has made a difference in your life. Other ways to make someone feel valued in a relationship would be encouraging them to chase their dreams and always giving them your undivided attention.
How do I make him feel special over text?
There are several ways to make a guy feel special over text message. One simple option is to send him a short message as a reminder that you’re thinking about him. A few great examples would be “You make my heart beat faster,” “I’m the luckiest girl in the world,” or “I miss your handsome face already.” These are short, simple and to the point. Other ways to make a guy feel special over text include sending him a love quote image or a flirty, playful video message.
How do you make someone feel truly loved?
In order to have a happy relationship with someone, you need to make each other happy. Making someone happy can be done in simple steps, but it needs to be done regularly.
Being grateful that you have that person and showing it would be one way to make someone feel happy. Other ways to make someone feel loved and appreciated would be: Telling them how grateful you are, complimenting and protecting their flaws, telling them how they’ve changed your life, reminding them of how special they are, or giving them a gift that comes from the heart.
The key to making your partner feel special and loved is a genuine desire to focus on them and their needs, wants and wishes. The ideas above are ways you can routinely express your love for your partner with simple acts, but every person and every relationship is different. With time and experience, aim to discover the things your partner appreciates most and use that knowledge to guide your acts of love.